<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"shards of glass are one thing - but a marble, there's something to feed your dragons on."

Friday

Crickets

Whenever I stamp the ground the crickets stop singing. I am angry about their unceasing, scratchy drone and my stomp lets them know it – know how terrible I am in my anger. For thirty seconds I am their master. I think – how powerful I am, raging lord of the crickets. But it starts again – louder this time. Nothing happened, they’re saying, he’s just giant, impotent Huff. And now I am really enraged, stamping furiously, jumping up and down to make them obey me. I could crush them between my fingers – I think – I could stamp every one of them into little black stains. If I could see them all. But, as hard as I try, I can’t crush the inside of my head where they are clawing me.
Comments: Post a Comment (0) comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?